Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer Days...

The month of August has been very busy but fun!

 On August 4, Will's dad, Tom married to his girlfriend of two years, Phyllis. We had a great time at the wedding and spending time with both of our families. The wedding weekend began on Thursday evening with my family at a local Japanese restaurant, Kabuki.
We surprised Will with a "Happy Birthday" cupcake. even though it wasnt his big day :)//

 As you can see , we were able to get some professional photos of Harper done at the wedding. She really enjoyed all the attention :)



 
The next week, we experienced one of our firsts with Harper, staying overnight night with her grandparents.  With Will being in North Carolina for work and me travelling to Harrisburg, PA for a sales meeting , my parents were kind enough to watch her for the night.

Sweet Potato Face!
 I admit I had a little breakdown right before I was to leave Harper with my parents. I was not worried whether my parents could handle her, instead it was more me feeling bad about leaving Harper without her mom. ( I know, I think I may be a little attached).  However, my parents quickly said their goodbyes and before I knew it I was fine.  Of course , I did have a little help..
Love Them!

   The next morning, I immediately called my parents to check on Harper. They said that she was great the whole night and they enjoyed their time with her. As for me, I think that I actually slept for a whole 8 hours without waking up once.  I was also able to get a really nice first order from a railroad company. So, I think this first for our family was a good one. 

   I will have to say, that growing up my parents always went away without us kids for a "parents weekend/ week." I now understand as a parent that there are times when you need to just get away with your spouse and or alone and rest up. As a child, I always loved those times with my grandparents and I will always treasure the memories I have with them.

Next ..Myrtle Beach Round 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment