Sunday, August 26, 2012

Things Change...

This week has been a bitter sweet one... It was the first week of school!
 

For the last 6 years, I have had the pleasure of teaching 10th grade World History at one of the best high schools in the state of Virginia. As you know, I have decided to take a break from teaching and to stay-at-home with Harper while selling for my father-in-laws marketing business.

This is the high school where I taught history the last 6 years.
Tuesday morning, when I heard the bus outside I got a little sad... Even though , I would never want to change my situation I just felt emptiness with not being in my classroom with my new students. Teaching was something that I know I will always have a passion for. It is so meaningful to have a career that you see the real benefit when the student succeeds.

Nothing like watching your students graduate
Funny thing, that sadness was quickly diminished when I heard a cry from the nursery and looking up at me is the most beautiful 15 pound, blue eyed girl. It is so amazing how one little person can change your life forever. I really am so blessed that I am the one that gets to stay-at-home with Harper and witness all of her changes.

Trying to crawl
When I found out I was pregnant, Will and I made the decision that I would take a break from teaching to stay-at-home. With us not having family near and Will always traveling for work we decided that was the best choice. I also knew I could not do both jobs great if I had to teach all day l and then come home to be mom for the evening. I am the kind of person that when I commit to the job I have to put 110% into it.  Right now, my top priority is being the best mom for Harper. Maybe one day , when my kids are older I will venture back into teaching..We will see what my future holds :) As for now, I am enjoying every minute I have with her!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment